Indonesia’s Role in Hannover Messe 2023: Showcasing the Country’s Innovations and Contributions

Indonesia’s Role in Hannover Messe 2023: Showcasing the Country’s Innovations and Contributions

The Hannover Messe, one of the world's largest business exhibitions and conference events, is held at the Hannover Fairgrounds in Germany. The event is attended by thousands of companies from various countries and serves as a platform to showcase the latest innovations in different industrial and technological sectors. As one of the countries with the largest economy in Southeast Asia, Indonesia also participates in the Hannover Messe. In 2020, Indonesia became the Official Partner Country at the event, signifying its important role in the global industry. However, in 2020, the Hannover Messe had to be canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic that affected the entire world.


The Hannover Messe 2021 was held virtually, streaming to the entire world. Nevertheless, the exhibition remained a meeting and collaboration forum for industrial players, entrepreneurs, and innovators interested in industrial technology and innovation. The Hannover Messe 2021 was attended by 90,000 participants, 49% from Germany and the remaining 51% from around the world. The exhibition was also participated in by 1800 attendees, with 1500 speakers participating in various seminars and conferences. Additionally, 10,500 products and innovations were showcased during the event.


At the Hannover Messe 2021: Digital Edition, Indonesia was again trusted to become the Official Partner Country. Indonesia appeared on the digital platform for the Expo, Conference, and Networking supported by 156 co-exhibitors of Ministries/Agencies, State-Owned Enterprises, Higher Education Institutions, and private national companies. On this occasion, Indonesia utilized the Hannover Messe as a platform to introduce various latest products and innovations and a forum to strengthen business and investment relationships with other countries. Therefore, Indonesia can become better known in the global market and improve domestic industrial competitiveness.


Once again, Indonesia will become the Official Partner Country at the world's largest industrial technology exhibition, the Hannover Messe 2023. Indonesia will bring 157 co-exhibitors of large industrial companies, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), startups, industry associations, and Ministries/Agencies. Moreover, Indonesia will showcase the progress of Kawasan Industri, Kawasan Ekonomi Khusus (KEK) dan Ibu Kota Negara (IKN).


Indonesia's participation as the Official Partner Country at the Hannover Messe 2023 is important for branding purposes and for encouraging the improvement of Indonesia's manufacturing capabilities and digital infrastructure development. Additionally, it can broaden and establish new partnerships related to Industry 4.0.